A seaside town in Wales, Aberaeron is everything blissful. This quick guide to Aberaeron, Wales will have you on your feet going when you get to the town. The scenic drive in over the bluffs, opens up to the turquoise waters that hit the shores of Aberaeron.
It’s an idyllic place to head to — and favorite by locals for its pastel-colored streets and bustling restaurants. After popping in for a night, I could have easily stayed for a few more. Staying in Aberaeron is a great place to be for all of your adventures in West Wales, as there is plenty to do along the coastline and even into the countryside of Snowdonia.
Take a look at what to do while visiting Aberaeron.
A Quick Guide to Aberaeron, Wales
Where to Stay in Aberaeron, Wales
- Harbourmaster Hotel: It seems the life of the party in this town is here. The hotel is bright, young, and has a fresh take on accommodations. It was one of my personal favorites while in Wales. Be sure to book a room with a terrace as well for an extra plus while staying.
Where to Eat in Aberaeron, Wales
- The Hive: The famed honey ice cream is one of the highlights while in Aberaeron. Come here for refreshing treat!
- The Bar at Harbourmaster: Head here for a beer and a casual bite, like hamburgers.
- The Restaurant at Harbourmaster: If you’re looking for an upscale experience, look no further. Their pre-fix or a la carte menu is perfect for sampling local dishes with a fresh twist. The food is incredible and couldn’t recommend it more.
- The New Celtic Restaurant: If you want fish & chips, head straight here. Some of the best I had, and loved taking it to go.
- The Cellar: I didn’t have a chance to eat here but this was the other spot that was packed in town. The views are also great from here.
- The Monachty: One of the local pubs to pop into for a pint.
What to Do in Aberaeron, Wales
- Explore the harbor: It’s a great place to walk around, taking in the sights of the boats and pastel colored-houses.
- New Quay Boat Rides: Head to the next town and head out on a boat excursion down the coastline.
- Spend a day at the farm at Blaencamel Farm: You can head here to see the process and stroll through the shop afterwards.
- Cardigan Bay Tours: If you want to give a try at spotting dolphins, a scenic boat ride in the bay is where to start.
- Kick back and relax: Aberaeron is a slow-going town, where you can catch sunset on the beach and soak it all in!