Hi and hello 2017! I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday week leading up to today.
It’s been a while since the last weekend links, in fact, I missed a few weeks in a row. The rush of the holidays, one last trip of 2016, and time with family have been the focus the past few weeks. I feel the presence of 2017 here, and the excitement for a new year rings throughout the day.
When I think about this year, I am thinking of two things: how to slow down on the road and how to find the beautiful curiosities at home. After taking a few slow-travel journeys, I fell in love with the rhythm of being slow in a destination. This is something I am taking forward into how I’m planning this year’s adventures. Along the way, I found myself adoring the process of building life at home. Creating recipes, finding time with family, and exploring the extraordinary in the ordinary have become increasingly fascinating to me. So stay tuned for some of this to find its way onto the blog in the next few months!
Hope everyone has a wonderful first week of 2017!
Bon Weekend Links:
1. I updated the shop page, so be sure to check it out!
2. A challenging video on how to compromise.
3. Every year New York Times releases their 52 places to go, and as we wait in anticipation, here was 2016.
4. Incredibly honored to be featured in Design Aglow Mag this past month!
5. Winter’s cold is chilling, and this, this, and this are perfect for keeping you warm.
6. With Cuba becoming a reality to travel to, see how to travel there now.
7. One of my favorite books to read at the start of year that helps me strive to live a creative life, Big Magic.
8. Jump on a small group trip with El Camino Travel and get a photographer as part of it!
9. The most Instagrammed hotels of 2016 compiled on one list!
10. Picked up my favorite desk calendar for 2017 by Rifle Paper.