Opened up a bottle of wine this week? So did I. I figured it was time we cracked open a few of these bottles we had been stashing the past months. With our time at home, we’ve been talking about how to support small businesses. One of the industries to be hit hard is our local wineries. With tasting rooms closed across California, there have been some incredibly inventive ways to enjoy California wines at home. Virtual tastings, steep discounts, and even free shipping are getting these incredible California wines right to your doorstep.
And trust me, now is a better time than ever to get one sent to your house. You can count me in.
So if you’re wondering if your favorite winery is shipping, most are starting to. And if you’re looking to travel through say varietals of wine, here’s a curated list of California wineries to purchase wine from.
*If you’re looking for more virtual travel, check out these 19 unique destinations, hotels, and museums you can experience from home.
Experience 19 California Wineries at Home Through Virtual Tastings & More
California Wineries Offering Virtual Tastings
Let’s start with some of the virtual tastings, because this is genius. Here are a few favorites:
1. Bouchaine Vineyards: All you have to do is order a Winemaker Tasting kit, which gets delivered right to your home. Afterward, book a virtual wine tasting appointment online and have a private tasting with a host. The best part? A view of their vineyards right in the background.
2. Bennet Lane Winery: Every Wednesday and Friday at noon on their Facebook, they’re offering an interactive wine tasting experience. *Plus, $5 shipping on all orders.
3. St. Supéry: One of my favorite wineries in California is offering their special Home Wine Kit you can order and then on hosting a virtual wine tasting each Thursday!
4. Newsome Harlow Wines: This Sierra Foothills winery is giving a chance to learn about wine with their winemaker Scott Klann at 6 p.m.m on Wednesdays via a few outlets. Be sure to order a bottle of wine ahead of time!.
5. Belden Barns: A Sonoma favorite, just launched a virtual tasting series on Sundays each week. The best part is they’re inviting you to weigh in on it! You can interact and they’ll even talk about how to pair their wines with food at home.
6. Casino Mine Ranch: Our local winery that we belong to in Amador County kicked off a series of fun IG Live sessions on their social. We’re a huge fan of their Vermentino! Check out their Instagram page for more updates.
7. HALL Wines: A Napa Valley Classic has put together this fun wine set that includes four wines and everything you need to take notes on the tasting. It’s led by their very own vintner, Kathryn Hall (she’s a gem!) and you can go through the tasting with her! *Oh and $1 shipping on any 3 bottles or more!
8. Nottingham Cellars: From Livermore Valley, the team at Nottingham Cellars are hosting Zoom virtual tastings. They’re also offering a pack to purchase ahead of time as well to aid with the tasting.
9. Frog’s Leap: The brilliant team behind this Rutherford winery has a great interactive tasting series that is via Zoom & IG love every Saturday at 3 pm. With it, a $5 shipping rate for the wineries and if you order by 10 a.m. on Wednesday via their 2-day service, you’ll get in time for the tasting experience.
California Wineries Offering Great Shipping Prices + Deals
So many wineries offering discounts and great shipping prices (even free!). Be sure to check out your local winery, your favorites, and always, #shoplocal.
10. Epoch Estate Wines: One of the highest rated wines out of Paso Robles, is offering free shipping on any order amount. They’re known for Rhone-style wines and use of non-invasive farming to craft their varietals.
11. Sanglier Cellars: One-cent shipping? Yes, Sanglier is offering a deal on their sustainably produced wine packages. It’s only on their 6-pack specials (one is under $200!).
12. Allegretto Wines: Out of Paso Robles, they’re offering $1 standard ground shipping on orders of 3 bottles or more. They have a wide range of varietals and a coveted 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon that was awarded 97 points.
13. Ram’s Gate : They’re offering 15% savings + complimentary shipping when you use the promo code: RAMSGATE.
14. Baily Vineyard & Winery: Out of Temecula’s growing wine scene, this local winery is packing in some great savings. 20% off bottles and 33% off by the case, plus free shipping to California, Nevada, and Arizona when you purchase four or more bottles.
15. Copain Wines: A personal favorite from Mendocino County, their Chardonnay is one of my personal favorites. Score free shipping on any quantity of wines with code “SHIPNOW.”
16. Tank Garage Winery: This $1 shipping on three or more bottles and curbside pickup locally!
17. Dry Creek Vineyard: Looking for a deal on Sauvignon Blanc and their iconic Fumé Blanc? They’re offering 20% off all wines and only $5 for their standard shipping.
18. Domaine Carneros — Need to pop some bubbly? This is one of my favorite California sparkling wines and sometimes you need to lighten the mood with some bubbles. $5 shipping on six or more bottles!
19. Pescadero Creek Vineyards: Nestled in the Santa Cruz Mountains, this boutique winery focuses on small-batch wines, so be sure to take advantage of free ground shipping on 6 bottles or more.