As you’ve seen on Instagram, Lo & Sons line of travel products has been my go-to for the past two years. I’ve traveled with their weekender for local getaways, and have taken the OMG as my carry-on. But if there’s one bag that goes on every trip, it’s their Pearl.
I first got the Pearl in black well over a year ago when it first came out, and recently just upgraded for a spring white for this seasons’ of travel. This convertible crossbody has been my best friend, and served many purposes. Recently Lo & Sons now offers the Pearl in Saffiano leather, and after taking the bag to Mexico City, I can say it will remain as my go-to bag for travel.
Why the Pearl goes with me everywhere
- Saffiano leather: scratch free and water resistant making it durable for all travels.
- Adjustable strap: it can be a crossbody or clutch — the ultimate day to night purse.
- Packs easily: If I don’t have it on the plane with me, it’s in my suitcase as it’s light and thin, making for easy packing.
- Stylish: with gold accents, and quality leather, it feels more than just a functional travel bag.
- Organized Compartments: a front and back zippered compartment that surrounds a middle compartment that can button close. The middle compartment includes an interior zip pocket, pockets for products like hand cream/lipstick, and one of my favorite features: the key leash.
On my recent trip to Mexico City, I was able to pack all my essentials for the day in the bag (see image above). Everything fit in seamlessly, and organized. While I travel, I love to have my go-to things put in a proper place, and with the compartments of the Pearl, it worked incredibly well.
**Thank you to Lo & Sons for sponsoring this post.
PS — Are You Booking a Trip Soon? Use My Booking Checklist!
These are the sites I use most to book my own trips. Using the links below is a great way to support Bon Traveler’s travel journalism at no extra cost to you. If you need help organizing your itinerary, get my free travel itinerary template here.
1. Book Your Flights
Use Skyscanner to find the best flights. It searches 100s of airlines and websites across the globe to ensure you’re not missing out on any route options or deals.
2. Book Your Accommodations
Use Booking.com for hotels and guest houses. They have the biggest inventory and consistently offer the best rates.
3. Book Your Tours & Experiences
4. Book Your Car
Use Discover Cars or Rentalcars.com to find the best car rental deals. I recommend comparing rental agency reviews on Google to ensure you are booking with the best company in that destination, as the reviews are often more accurate than the car rental search engines.
5. Don’t Forget Airport Lounge Access
Get a Priority Pass membership to gain access to 1,400+ VIP lounges and airport experiences worldwide. The Priority Pass app is the first thing I check when I have a layover. I’ve been a member for over a decade, and having a comfortable place to relax before and between flights makes air travel so much more enjoyable.
6. Don’t Forget Travel Insurance
I never leave the country without travel insurance. It provides comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong (ie. illness, injury, theft, and cancelations, etc.). I use it frequently for my travels to stay protected.
My favorite companies that offer the best coverage and rates are: