It’s no secret that this small town nestled amongst the mountains and whistling trees is one to love. This past year when I visited for the first time, my heart was won over instantly. It had that familiar small town vibe, where everyone knew each other, was friendly, and welcomed you into their cherished home.
As the seasons change, the promise of new adventures for the summer arrives. There’s much to do in Telluride. Here’s what to experience this summer in Telluride:
1. Biking: With unlimited routes, the San Juan Mountains are the perfect place to take to. During the summer, the Telluride Ski Resort turns into the ultimate playground.
2. Hiking: If there was one take-away from the last trip, it was that the hiking in Colorado is phenomenal. From trails to the Alta Lakes, to Bridal Veil and more, there is something for everyone.
3. Camping: Waking up to the silence of nature, could there be anywhere more picturesque to setup camp? Checkout this site for campground options.
4. Fly Fishing: Work with an outfitter, or have your own license to go enjoy the variety of alpine creeks and more.
5. Horseback Riding: Take to the trails with a guided tour by horseback.
6. 4X4 Off-Roading: The past trip, I went along with Telluride Outside up to Imogene Pass for what was an exhilarating and incredibly scenic ride. This is a definite must do this summer in Telluride.
7. Stand-Up Paddle Boarding: Another highlight of last year’s trip was heading up to an alpine lake to go SUP Boarding. The crystal clear waters of the lake were mesmerizing, and the air ever so fresh.
8. Hot Air Balloon Ride: Soar above Telluride aboard a hot air balloon ride with San Juan Balloon Adventures.
9. Rafting: With Telluride Outside, you have access to the rapids of the San Miguel River that make for an exiting day of rafting.
10. Hot Springs: Take a day trip to Dunton’s Hot Springs for relaxation and rejuvenation.