New and the ones well-loved, these 20 incredible hotels to travel to in 2020 are bucket-list-worthy. From design hotels to boutique stays, there is something really special about each of these.
When asked if the design was important, the majority of readers said yes. So with that in mind, I went through my lists, my saved photos, and did a deep dive into some of the most incredible hotels in the world.
I’ve always had a special love for hotels — something about that moment you check-in, you feel a world away from whatever journey you may have had. There’s an ease in staying at a hotel. From amenities in-room, dining, and other services at the hotel, it’s these parts that make the hotel feel elevated.
Last year’s list was a combination of tried and true places as well as the new hotels that have opened. So this year, I’ve gone with the same format, keeping both the hotels that are iconic or mainstays, as well as some anticipated hotel openings for the new year.
Here’s a look at 2o hotels I have my eye on for 2020.
20 Incredible Hotels to Travel to in 2020
Highlighted Hotel: Posada by the Joshua Tree House
Where: Tucson, Arizona (Thank you to The Joshua Tree House & Margaret Austin Photography for supplying the images)
Featured room: The Ocotillo Room
What to love:
Opened by the dynamic duo, Rich and Sara Combs of Joshua Tree House, the 5-suite inn is everything we hoped for. The intimate stay is designed for the traveler who wants to escape to a quiet and serene space. The neutral tones are drawn from the desert and create an ambiance that fits right into neighboring Saguaro National Park. It’s a destination in of itself and one we will be heading to first this year. Though it is technically an inn, they’ve made it available to book the rooms on Airbnb. This means you can use this link if you haven’t signed up before to save $55 off your first booking.
2. Hotel Plesnik in the Logar Valley, Slovenia.
3. Les Mas des Herbes Blanches in Southern France.
(photo via booking.com)
4. Urban Cowboy Lodge in the Catskills, New York. (set to open early 2020)
(photo compliments of Urban Cowboy Lodge)
5. Kasbah Babourika in the Atlas Mountains, Morocco.
(photo via Pinterest)
6. Hotel Casa 1800 in Granada, Spain.
7. Ritz-Carlton in Langkawi, Malaysia.
(photo via Booking.com)
8. Casa Pombo in Cartagena, Colombia.
9. Amanvari in Los Cabos, Mexico (opening 2020).
(photo via Venue Report)
10. Kachi Lodge in Bolivia.
(photo via Landed Travel)
11. Rosewood in São Paulo, Brazil (opening 2020).
(photo via Rosewood Hotels)
12. Hotel Misíncu in Corsica, France.
(photo via Booking.com)
13. Hotel Bruma Casa 8 in Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico.
(photo via Bruma)
14. Commodore Perry (Auberge) in Austin, Texas USA (opening 2020).
(photo via Auberge Resorts)
15. Aman in Kyoto, Japan.
(photo via Aman)
16. Captain Whidbey in Coupeville, Washington USA.
(photo via Captain Whidbey)
17. Hotel Las Islas Barú in Barú, Colombia.
18. Le Coucou in Méribel, France.
(photo via the Ski Guru)
19. Montage Healdsburg in Sonoma, California. (opening 2020)
(photo via Montage Hotels)
20. West Hollywood EDITION in Los Angeles, California USA.
(photo via EDITION Hotels)